Topic

Mike C! ‘s New Book….

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Mike C! ‘s New Book….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but Mike Clelland has a new book coming out called: Ultralight Backpackin' Tips: 153 Amazing & Inexpensive Tips for Extremely Lightweight Camping

It is due out next month but Amazon is taking pre-orders. I thought it would be great to support a member of the BPL staff that consistently posts on these forums with knowledge that is most helpful to beginners and advanced alike.

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultralight-Backpackin-Tips-Inexpensive-Lightweight/dp/0762763841/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302800364&sr=8-1

I bought 2! (Always good to help those 'heavyweights' in your family)

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

Mine is coming tomorrow!

Jason Delso
    BPL Member

@zencarver

Locale: DFW

Addie interview with Mike C!

The BPL Gear Shop will be carrying it, as well, so I'm going to pick up a couple copies then.

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

Now, see, he told me I should dump my Kindle, but if his book was offered in a Kindle version, that would be the lightest option of all! ;-) Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy, Lord knows I need it!

David Ure

@familyguy

Diane – that's hilarious.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I wonder if the pages are printed on toilet paper….

David Ure

@familyguy

I just snorted OJ out my nose.

Touche Travis, touche.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

>I just snorted OJ out my nose.

Mission accomplished. :)

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Toilet paper? What heresy!! The book is "printed" on ether — but can be projected onto rocks, leaves and cones for easier reading.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

You forgot moss and bark.

David Ure

@familyguy

I wonder if one can wipe their….with a Kindle?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

I believe its possible, but the screen gets hard to read, and the buttons get messed up.

David Ure

@familyguy

I guess I should opt for the extended warranty.

Curtis Ware
    BPL Member

@ware_curtis

Locale: Midwest

Awesome UPS just delivered. Nothing ultralight about this book. It's thick! Guess who's not mowing today!

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

Hey – I just got a box full of 'em from the publisher!

I'm super proud of this thing, it was a fun project. And, just so everyone knows – there is a nice set of tips on the NON-use of toilet paper. I hope I explain the skills in a way that will make me seen NON-insane. Just so folks know, I have other tips to offer beyond the butt-wiping stuff.

– AND –

I have a little blog that I set up as a way to promote the book. Plus, the blog will be a forum to add some new tips and some cool photos too.

( L I N K )
    http://ultralightbackpackintips.blogspot.com/

– AND MORE –

There is gunna be a tip-of-the-week posted on BPL starting soon (next week?). The book and the BPL web-site are a nice tidy fit. Both preach the gospel of the lighter pack!

Thanks for all the kind words,
    Mike C!

Sean Staplin
    BPL Member

@mtnrat

Locale: Southern Cdn Rockies

Just ordered mine.

Daniel Paladino
    BPL Member

@dtpaladino

Locale: Northern Rockies

We should receive Mike Clelland's new book, Ultralight Backpackin' Tips, next week in the BPL Gear Shop. Support your favorite author AND your favorite website all at once!

-Daniel

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Mike,
    Aside from my friendly jibe about TP, congratulations on getting your book published!

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Mike, I thoroughly enjoyed the other books. Looking forward to this one!

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Book just arrived- he put a lot of words in it 'm use comic books), now I have to actually read something.
    Looks like a good combination of pictures to help me through it. Where was Mike when I tried to read Great Expectations?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Where was Mike when I tried to read Great Expectations?"

So that's what you call Playboy magazine? And there were plenty of pictures…..

Justin Nelson
    BPL Member

@jnelson871

Locale: CA Bay Area

Congratz on the book! I'll be getting one for sure.

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

I've ordered a few of Mike C's books to the Barnes and Noble I work at in Atlanta to spread the lightweight gospel to the masses.

I'm amazed at how outdated and just plain wrong most of the hiking books are. Even the "updated and revised" ones advocate things like "wear a light colored cotton shirt against your skin to keep you cool and manage moisture"

Good thing we have Mike to set the record straight!

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

For anyone outside the US ordering Mike's new book, I found that bookdepository.com in the UK was the cheapest way to ship to Australia. Free international shipping, and the same purchase price as any of the big sellers in the US.

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Luymes Ted

@start2day

Locale: So Cal.

Can't get enough of Mike C. Always useful and a good proxy for when I can't get outside.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools