Topic

Integral Designs eVent Pullover Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Integral Designs eVent Pullover Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Paladino
    BPL Member

@dtpaladino

Locale: Northern Rockies

Companion forum thread to:

Integral Designs eVent Pullover Review

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

these jacket seems to be unavailable. being that Integral designs no long has apparel on its website…

Daniel Paladino
    BPL Member

@dtpaladino

Locale: Northern Rockies

"If you’ve spent some time researching lightweight eVent shells, you might notice that the Integral Designs eVent Pullover looks remarkably similar to the Rab Demand Pull-On, for good reason. Rab now owns Integral Designs, and particularly plans on incorporating light and fast gear into the Integral Designs brand."

Here is a link to the Rab Demand Pull-On: http://rab.uk.com/products/mens-clothing/shell/demand-pull-on.html

Thanks for pointing that out!

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Huh. Whaddya know, they decided not to go into full production! All is not lost, however. The jacket reviewed is, for all intents and purposes, a Rab Demand Pull-On. The cord going around the outside of the hood (instead of through a tunnel as on the ID tested) on the Rab is different, but that's pretty much it… right down to fit and sizing.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Looks like Rab has shut down ID clothing production, and sleeping bags.

A Wilson
    BPL Member

@alwilson

Locale: Earth

The hood was clearly designed to fit over a mountaineering helmet. It's shortcomings would probably be mitigated if it were used as per this design. With jackets like these, it would be nice if they offered helmet and non-helmet hood sizes.

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

I saw several references to weight, but don't see an actual weight listed.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Although the hood is helmet compatible, as many hoods are, I've worn the Pullover with a helmet and the problems that I noted are not mitigated. The concerns I noted here are particularly unique to the Pullover/Demand and have largely not been issues I've seen with any number of other shells. Part of what's going on is that the collar rises higher than many others; the brim, well, it's just what it is…

Actual weight of the large is 10.6 ounces on my scale.

Frank Oslick

@franko1946

I own several Integral Designs products (slow learner) and they all have two things in common: quality construction and poor design.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

lmao Frank!

Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

I used the Rab Demand Pull-On on as thru-hike of the Pacific Northwest Trail last year and it was excellent – and it was worn more than I'd hoped as September was very wet. Cinched down the hood was fine.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Hi Chris,

I just ordered a RAB Demand Smock yesterday, largely due to your review of it!

Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

Hi Douglas, I hope you like it!

Brian Peck
    BPL Member

@brianpeck

Locale: North America

I bought an ID Thru Hiker jacket several years ago while preparing for a hike of the Snowman Trek, and it was an absolutely stunning solution to those cold and damp conditions. It was also great some years later on a bike ride from Lhasa to Kathmandu. I was very lucky, as ID made a custom version for me with longer arms, something I gladly paid for. The jacket is my favorite, even hanging alongside top-end Arcteryx gear, both Paclite and Proshell, both with pit zips. The success of the Thru Hiker (and ID products in general) is a combination of the eVent they use and the superior fit/sizing/clean lines. I suppose Rab may not continue to do any custom work, but -in case they are reading – there is a market for customization which can command premium prices to cover the labour. In this (and any other) review, I would appreciate knowing the height/weight/chest size/sleeve length of the reviewer to guauge the fit better when thinking about myself in future. Cheers!

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

I very recently received a Rab demand and so far think that it's excellent. But I haven't been able to trail test it yet. Event breathes as well as advertised. I personally like the hood and haven't had the problems with the collar mentioned in the ID review. I too wear glasses. I'm 5'9'' and 137lbs; the medium fits me perfectly with a base layer, a merino second layer (or two) and a not too puffy down vest worn beneath. I would probably need to size up if I wanted to wear a puffier, sleeved full down jacket underneath, especially as the Rab sleeves are narrow. As it is, I'm really happy with this.

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Where does one find a size medium for sale?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

"Where does one find a size medium for sale?"

You probably have to go for a RAB Demand smock/pullover.

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Can't find a medium in that either.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Mediums are available at TowerRidge in the UK. I just ordered one from there. Total around $200, including shipping. Takes a while for the order process, as they have to contact you about how much it will cost to ship and you have to agree to the shipping charge before they ship. But they back out the VAT automatically. Mine shipped today, we'll see how long it takes to get here!

Diana Vann
    BPL Member

@dianav

Locale: Wandering

Brad wrote:

"Actual weight of the large (Pullover) is 10.6 ounces on my scale."

For 11.1 ounces (weighed on my scale), I got an Event Rain Jacket (Not sure if you can still find them, but love mine!).

It's over-sized to wear on top of WM & Montbell puffy under-layers. (My sleeping bag is VERY light, so I use down under-layers to augment my bag and to wear around camp, but I don't hike in them).

For me the option of being able to unzip my rain jacket is worth the extra .7oz.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

And the price for all this goodness is?

Diana Vann
    BPL Member

@dianav

I don't remember what I paid for my rain jacket, but there are some on sale here in a couple of sizes. The regular price is also listed.

Diana Vann
    BPL Member

@dianav

I'm not sure how many of these jackets are still available, but here's a former BPL string that anyone who's considering one might find helpful.

review

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools