Topic

MLD Cuben Fiber Grace Duo Tarp Vs. GG Cuben Twinn Tarp.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD Cuben Fiber Grace Duo Tarp Vs. GG Cuben Twinn Tarp.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Justin Tremlin

@notu

Locale: Central Washington

I thinking of adding a two person tarp to my quiver and would like your input. Currently I am looking at a Gossamer Gear Cuben Twinn Tarp at 5.5oz or a Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben Fiber Grace Duo Tarp at at 7.7oz. I obviously like the weight of the GG tarp, but I am not familiar with the “CTF3” weight of Cuben Fiber. On the other hand I do like the idea of the bonded ridge seem on the MLB tarp. Discuss.

Justin Tremlin

@notu

Locale: Central Washington

Really? Nothing. I posted this three days ago and no one has an opinion on these two tarps. I'm kind of surprised.

Andrew F

@andrew-f

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I don't have any first-hand experience with either but was shopping for a 2-person tarp myself recently.

The Grace Duo is quite a bit larger than the GG, and has linelocks on the ridgeline in addition to the pullouts. The GG only has webbing loops on the ridgeline.

The GG is lighter, primarily due to the smaller size. From other people's comments, it sounds like the GG is more of a "normal" 2 person size, whereas the Grace Duo is larger than most other 2-person tarps. I think Ron would make it for you in the GG size at lower weight if you wanted the ridgeline linelocks and bonded seams. The lead time is also a lot longer for the MLD tarp (6 weeks.)

Andrew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools