Topic

Newest Summer List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Newest Summer List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Locale: Washington State

3-Season in the Olympics. Obviously add clothing on the edges and update based upon weather and days out. I'm also experimenting with the tarp. If I don't use it on a regular basis it will probably go into the gear closet.

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3058

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

Looks like a pretty good list, considering that is your skin out weight.

Do you really need a bear container for the Olympics though? That could cut off a ton of weight and space if you didnt bring that thing

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

Nice List, and cool spreadsheet (with pie chart!)

The 55 gal trash bag is too much, a white plastic HEFTY trash COMPACTOR bag is plenty.

Repackage aqua mira in smaller bottles

Take the TARP!!!

NIX the toilet paper –

NIX the pack towel –

NIX the Cell Phone –

Why the extra batteries?

kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Bear Container isn't 100% required in all places but most. The Bears are nothing like those in the Sierras but part of the reason why is because the Park has been proactive in protecting them. The bear container is weight I'm willing to carry. Plus…. I typically just don't have the energy at the end of the day to go looking for a suitable tree for bear-bagging. The ease of using a bear canister and avoiding the extra stress of trying to find suitable storage at the end of a long day makes it weight worth carry in my book.

kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Toilet Paper…. I'll keep.

Tarp….. I'll see.

Pack towl….. I'll probably leave home one of them.

Cell Phone…. I cannot live without playing Farmville.

Extra battery….agree…. not needed.

Thanks for the input guys! I'm just joking about Farmville. Typically I don't take electronics but I have a new toy and the combination of unlimited topo maps, GPS, camera, cell phone, back-up light and log-book all rolled into 5.3oz. has me rethinking my "no technology" stance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools