Topic

COE

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin Nelson
    BPL Member

@jnelson871

Locale: CA Bay Area

Not sure this is the correct forum for this but thought I would give it a try.
    Been reading a lot on the forums lately and it seems like a lot of folks are out my way and backpack at COE. I did my first trip there last weekend from HQ to Kelly Lake. Got to say was my favorite trip yet! COE Rocks.
    D0 people get together from here for trips? I would love to meet up with some other like minded ultra lighters for a trip and/or advice (particularly help with my tarp pitching LOL!)
    So far I have backpacked Butano State Park twice and done a solo trip at COE. Trying to get down to Ventana to go to Syke hot springs but can't find away past the washout on HWY 1 without a huge addition of driving time. Any trips I should checkout? I am planning on hitting the trail for an overnight trip April 30-May 1st.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Trying to get down to Ventana to go to Syke hot springs but can't find away past the washout on HWY 1 without a huge addition of driving time."

You can drive in on the Tassajara Road as far as China Camp, then hike toward the coast until you reach Sykes.

–B.G.–

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

bahiker.com !

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Justin, look out for the Trip Announcement section. Many on here announce a trip and they are generally pretty loose when it comes to who goes and who does not. We also do a yearly trip that is usually around Jan-March that has folks from all over CA attending

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools