Topic

Pictures in Reviews

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Pictures in Reviews

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I recently posted a review and thought it would be nice to include a picture. This feature was recently added to general forum posts and is greatly appreciated. It would be nice to see it for reviews as well.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Eric,

You can do this now if you know the HTML code for an image tag. The image would need to be uploaded and hosted somewhere else too like photobucket.com or your own webspace.

The image tag would have the “src” option set with the full URL to the image file. For an example of the code you could look at the resulting code from the “Insert Image at Cursor” option in the normal forums.

I put an image here in my review of the G6:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews.html?forum_thread_id=956

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Thanks Jhaura, I was thinking about doing just what you suggest. I would host the image here by posting it in the test forum. I was just trying to encourage an easier way.

p.s. Yesterday, I showed my dentist the titanium stake toothbrush you inspired me to make. She got a real charge out of it.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Cool beans! I saw you used the ti-nail instead. Nice job. I also made that switch early on as the stake was always in use when I needed it and it was a little too flimsy. The nail works much better.

I’m working on adding a ti potty trowel head on it. Some tubing with a hole the same size as on the nail and a cotter pin. That nail can really be made to serve many purposes. I see you did some work on the trowel with ti. Very nice. Are you going into business? :)

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Can’t wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for the compliment on the trowel. No business plans at the moment. I certainly don’t plan on hand crafting ti potty trowels. Way too much work.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

This feature is now available – inserting photos directly in reviews. The same code from the forums has been ported over.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools