Topic

Cheap Down Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cheap Down Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

synth is preferable for rock climbing i find because …

– if you get caught out in the rain, just layer it with yr rain shell … im sure some people here will yadda bout down being perfectly fine in a rain storm on a wall … IMO theyve never had to do multiple rappels in the pouring rain and the waterfalls that cracks become

– 100-133g/m primaloft is good down to no lower than freezing … ie micropuff, EB igniter … 60-80g/m is good to no lower than ~40F for me

– get something with a hood, makes a huge difference in warmth on windy belays

– its very possible that youll get tears or holes at some point … im sure that there are some people who have never scrapped their belay jackets climbing … i say the same thing about seat belts, ive never gotten into an accident requiring one, doesnt mean i dont wear it …. if you tear your synth jacket, just patch it up when you get home … if you tear yr down UL jacket, watch the feathers fly!

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools