Topic

JMT Storage Options

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Glascock
    Spectator

@attt4221

I plan to do the JMT in late August. I will fly probably to Fresno from Ohio and take a shuttle/bus to Curry Village. Any suggestions where I can store my extra clothing/bags from my plane trip? Tentatively I plan to return to Yosemite Valley after I exit the JMT. I wish to find something in Yosemite Valley. I appreciate any help and/or suggestions!

Paul I
    BPL Member

@piracki

Locale: San Francisco

Curry Village has smallish quarter-operated lockers for smaller luggage (you'd have to take the key with you or hide it in the valley somewhere or leave it with the Curry Village staff) If you call them, they could probably give you the dimensions. For larger luggage, I'd suggest contacting either the Yosemite Lodge or the Ahwahnee for storing for the duration of your trip.

FYI – we've had lots of snow in CA this year, so plan on lots of water…

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

Another option is to ship your items from Yosemite village to yourself, care of General Delivery, Lone Pine Post Office, so that you have street clothes when you arrive in Lone Pine — and you can include on the mailing label (return to sender if not picked up by mm/dd/yyyy). Your home address is the sending address.

The only requirement of this approach is you'll have to get to the Lone Pine post office during their open hours. Refer to usps web site to find out their hours.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools