Topic

Micropuff jackets in Seattle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Micropuff jackets in Seattle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

I just stopped by Outdoors and More in Seattle (on Westlake Ave) and my jaws dropped when I saw the Patagonia Micropuff jackets on sale for $39.99. They are upstairs on a clearance rack. These normally sell for something like $170! They only seemed to have larger sizes, L, XL, XXL etc. I did buy one of these last year on sale for $100 which was a good price but the current price is a steal.

The jacket is pretty nice, full zipper, pockets, nice hood, etc. My size M weighs 16 oz which is not bad for a fully featured hooded jacket.

Dan

Drew Davis
    BPL Member

@drewnc2005

Locale: Denver, CO

That is an insane deal! I might have to pick one up – the only problem is I’m in NC. Do you know if they will ship?

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

They have a website http://www.outmore.com and it looks like they will do mail order, though I don’t know if it’s for everything in the store or just what’s listed on their website. I would check the website and either call or email them.

Good luck

Dan

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I was there today. They had a few XL and XXL left. What size are you looking for?

Victor Karpenko
    BPL Member

@viktor

Locale: Northern California

Daniel,

Thanks for the timely information. I called them this morning and are shipping one of the jackets! They were great on the phone. He wanted to know how come some many people were calling them on the Micropuff Jackets.

Thanks again!!!

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

Dan, Thanks for the word on this super wicked deal. I appreciate it. I purchased the last extra large jacket.

jeff aka frankenfeet

Victor Karpenko
    BPL Member

@viktor

Locale: Northern California

Outdoors and More provided great service. I called them Monday morning and MicroPuff arrived this afternoon (wed).

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Dale – are these the hooded version?

Anybody care to describe the fit? I have no Patagonia gear. Curious if it’s “fitted” or “athletic” cut or it’s a roomy puffy jacket.

Thanks!

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Yes, they are hooded with full zipper, hand pockets and a big mesh pocket inside. I usually wear an XL and the large is just right. I would stick to my normal size if I were going to do some serious layering. In this case I’m not planning on any more than a silkweight tee and a microfleece under. I’m not a climber, so I was looking for light camp and possible sleep insulation. The smaller size fits under my rain gear better too. I would call them “roomy.”

Check out the clothing video by Steve House showing his layering techniques– he piles up several fleece layers and then a polyfil jacket on top of that for high altitude climbing. All Patagnoia stuff of course :) Not like hiking stuff– if it’s that cold, I’m stayin’ home!

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/patagonia.go?assetid=10109

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Thanks, Dale. I just got the last MicroPuff (lucky me it was XXL) in the entire store.

-Curt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools