Topic

Tarps and . . . snakes? Please enlighten the noob

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarps and . . . snakes? Please enlighten the noob

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    John G
    BPL Member

@johng10

Locale: Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY

I'm sure what I'm seeing is some kind of bite.

Mosquito bites (for me) always leave a 3/16" round, slightly raised, slightly itchy mound, that stops itching in a few hours. What I think are "Spyder" bites leave a much larger "ameba shaped" (3/16 x 5/16 to 5/16 x 3/8) area that is twice as raised, and stays itchy about 2-3 times longer. The "ameba shaped" area looks very different than 2-3 mosquito bites that are so close together than they start to blend into one another. It looks similar to a horse fly bite, but doesn't hurt any where near as much.

Since Sypders crawl across my legs every 3-5 minutes while I'm reading before bed, I assume the bits I get while sleeping are spyder bites.

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools