Topic

Forum software flawed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Forum software flawed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Many times when I load this forum, the formatting fails and all I see is a basic white page, no images and only text. This website is the only one that fails to load properly and may take 5-10 minutes before it will load correctly. Using Firefox on a new MacBook Pro.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

FWIW occasionally mine is slow and goofy, but I've never had all that- w/ no text and stuff…

I'm running Win XP on a 2004 dell and Firefox.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I've never seen it happen on my old mac, so it could be Firefox browser.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

John, this is almost certainly a Firefox issue. The browser occasionally won't properly load a website's CSS file causing you to see a raw HTML version of the site without any style sheet formatting.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Go Chrome!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I'd bet that all web browsers have this problem from time to time. I did however recently install Chrome on my Mac and have been using it for a few days now. It's been a positive experience thusfar although I've encountered at least one website that came out looking terribly formatted when viewed in Chrome. It is quickly becoming a perfectly legit browser that designers/developers will have no choice but to design for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools