Topic

Intro

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan Frazer

@frazer

Locale: Sheridan, Wyoming

Hello BPL community..
    I've been lurking on this site/forums for awhile and thought I would introduce myself, my name's Dan.. I am kinda new to backpacking, but grew up in Wyoming, boy scout, etc. and did alot of jeep camping when I lived in AZ. I recently moved back to Wyoming to recover from having a BK amputation of my left leg (long story). As I was relearning how to walk, I quickly got bored of walking around town and started hiking up in the mountains which I quickly fell in love with. This progressed last summer and over the winter I decided to start saving my meager salary to gear up for this year. I have quite a few trips planned for this summer with the biggest being to summit Cloud Peak, in the Bighorns. Might not be much for most people, but at this time last year I was struggling with walking half a mile.

I used to be a very avid biker and I'm hoping to do some Mountain Bike backpacking this summer aswell.

I still have alot of work to do on my gear and the list I put together was mostly for me to wrap my head around everything I'll need, plus working on weight. Any advice is appreciated. Lots of great advice and knowledgeable people here. I tend to be quiet on forums and just read/learn, but if anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Take care and hope to see ya on the trials!

-Dan

BRIAN TACKETT

@tacksman99

Locale: So Cal

Dan,
    Advice I could give is not everything has to be light. The 45 lbs carried over the years has become light or maybe thats just my mind screwing with me……never mine. Welcome to the forums!

Brian

clay stewart

@reluctantwaterhauler

Welcome Dan. Yeah, there is a wealth of info on this site. You can save yourself a lot of time and money checking things out here first. Good luck with your Cloud Peak climb, it sounds like fun.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools