Topic

Dear Milkman Devotee

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Dear Milkman Devotee

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

I recieved this in my email box this morning:

Dear Milkman Devotee:

Thank you for your interest in Milkman, the Instant Low Fat Milk powder for the discriminating palate. We at Marron Foods are bringing this favorite back for people like you who have made it clear Milkman is a product without equal.

Marron Foods has worked hard to preserve the original formula and even the original look and feel of the packaging. We are very interested in your feedback and would like to send you a sample of the product that delivers low fat milk with a taste that has "the kiss of cream".

Please respond to this e-mail with your exact name and mailing address and we will get a sample out to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

(Peggy McGuinness for)

Dan Pearson

Brand Manager

Marron Foods

http://www.marronfoods.com

914-967-2442 ext 14

914-967-2220 fax

914-924-8061 cell

[email protected]

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Go, Michael! Represent us and make us proud! Gotta, gotta, gotta have me some Milkman. Nothing else has filled the void. I think you need to demand that they offer it through REI again, so that it's available to us all (as opposed to Trader Joe's, which many of us don't have access to). Yay, Milkman returns!

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

Aware me?

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

Nido is the closest thing to real whole milk and you can get it at the supermarket.

Mat Tallman

@wehtam

Locale: Midwest

Nido here too, cheap, tastes pretty close to real milk, and it's whole so it's got killer caloric density.

Mix it up and toss the bottle in the stream while I cook dinner, I have cold milk by supper time.

Sky Horne

@simplyalpine

Locale: Vagabonding..

I use Nido in many of my dehydrated meals, and for shakes in the morning. The stuff is LEGIT.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

yuppers!

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Locale: Mid-Minnesota

I gotta go check my email – they better have sent one to me also. :-) I just set a reminder to go off end of next month to write again… just a sec, I'll be back…

Addendum: nope, nothing in my email. Shucks.

I can't seem to find Nido here in Mpls. either…stuck with Carnation….

Mat Tallman

@wehtam

Locale: Midwest

I've had the best luck finding Nido in the "ethnic" foods section of the grocery stores, especially in areas with higher Hispanic populations. I've been told Hispanic and sometimes Asian or other ethnic grocery stores tend to carry it as well.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

mine is found in the Hispanic aisle of my Walmart, not with the other powdered milk

be careful as there are two kinds of Nido, one is a baby formula one :)

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Yes, Nido doesn't exist in waspy supermarkets, wasps like their no-fat dry milk.
    Go to the right neighborhood and you even find it in convenience stores. Latin American, Caribbean, Asian, … neighborhoods demand better powder milk.

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

"the kiss of cream"

I'm such a sucker. I'll have to try some just because of this line.

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Like MM said,

Make sure you don't get the baby version of Nido, it has less fat and from what I remember, a shorter shelf life.
    I think regular Nido has a shelf life of 2 years, which is pretty good considering it has real milkfat.

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Locale: Mid-Minnesota

Good grief. Found it at Walmart, a mile from where I have worked for 3 years. Pretty good – way past my expectations and I mixed it to taste – about 1/3 to 1/2 strength.

My Milkman sample should be on it's way in a couple days so I'll have 2 to compare. Nice!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

So, has anyone tried this?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"So, has anyone tried this?"

Of course! Now, it was decades ago, and it wasn't frozen. I tried to get Mom to stick it in the freezer but she was having none of that!

Douglas Wolf
    BPL Member

@munnin

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Almost read this as 'Dear Milkman Dan Devotee'…

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Shows you where my head was at?:

Dead Milkmen

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

I want to use it because its so easy to find in the store but I am still dubious of milk made by Nestle after melamine was found in their milk a few years ago.

cat amador

@catballou24

I just came across this while doing a search for this product. We moved to Hawaii several years ago and as I couldn't find it there I thought it just wasn't shipped to the islands. When we moved back to the mainland I was excited that I'd be able to buy this again only to find it was gone off the shelves. Boohoo!

I am so encouraged by the fact that they are sending samples. I just wrote to the company and am hoping to get a reply. I am really looking forward to being able to buy this product again! I've missed it for over 11 years..

Thank you so much for this info!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools