Topic

Lightening a shared item: Lunar Duo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Lightening a shared item: Lunar Duo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

In light of the topic of lightening the load by sharing items, I had been wondering this for a while but hadn't tried it. When I hike with my boyfriend, we share a Lunar Duo. I usually carry the tent spreader poles, stakes and the tyvek. He carries the tent. I hate those spreader poles. They not only add what appears to be unnecessary weight, they make the tent overly complicated to set up. I wondered if you could set the tent up without the poles. Well, you certainly can — with no hardship.

My backyard doesn't quite fit the tent, but here's how it looks. It doesn't save a lot of weight but it sure simplifies things. Maybe I can convince The Man to let me leave the tyvek ground sheet home, too, or replace it with two polycros taped together.

Lunar Duo view one

Lunar Duo inside view

Lunar duo open view

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools