Topic

Cold creek footwear for 4 year old?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Cold creek footwear for 4 year old?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

My youngest will be doing his first trip Friday night. I had planned on having him wear trail runner type shoes and just walk through the shallow creek like I would but am concerned his small size (33 lbs) won't really generate much heat even as much as he runs around. It should be almost 50 by the time we're there. I know he wants to play in the creek the next day but temps will only get up to mid 50s. Would I be better off just having him hike in his rain boots? I will have a dry set of sleep clothes to change into once we settle into the tent for the night.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Nobody with wild young boys?

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Maybe a pair of lightweight water shoes for wading? Also, several pair of socks.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Crocs or rip offs for creeks and playing. Yes, it is extra weight. But they will appreciate it – and yes, little ones get very cold, very fast!
    It also allows night time pee run shoes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools