Topic

Really thin Velcro — source

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Really thin Velcro — source

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Simon Wurster
    BPL Member

@einstein

Locale: Big Apple

The guys in our computer room have this 1/2" wide, really thin and flexible two-sided velcro. They use it to tie the computer cables and what-not together. It's like Velcro One-Wrap, but incredibly thin and lightweight.

And no one knows what brand it is, nor has the original packaging, nor what the item no. is at Office Max (if it was even bought there). I tried hunting it down in Staples and Office Max, to no avail.

Amazon has oodles of this stuff (no-brand One-Wrap), but I'd hate to buy a roll and find out it's too thick or heavy.

Anyone work with this stuff for MYOG projects? Just looking for a source…

Nancy Charlier
    BPL Member

@ncharlier

Locale: Midwest

I used to have a roll of thin Velcro-esque green tape that was sold through a garden catalogue–it was made for holding plants to stakes. Looking on Amazon just now, I found it, and it's actually made by Velcro. Look under "Velcro plant ties"; 45 feet by 1/2 inch, for $3.59. I don't think it sticks as tightly as regular Velcro, though.

Simon Wurster
    BPL Member

@einstein

Locale: Big Apple

Wow, that may work, and it's cheap too. But this does give me another hands-on source (maybe Lowe's and Home Depot). Thanks Nancy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools