Topic

Rab Sleeping Bag on SAC

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Rab Sleeping Bag on SAC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

Dunno if this model is particularly desirable (or not), but I see the brand name thrown around the forums a lot so I thought I'd put up a post pointing to this deal, which lasts for the next 20 minutes or so.

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

Product Features

Material [Shell] Pertex Quantum Endurance; [Lining] Pertex Quantum
    Insulation 850-Fill goose down
    Shape Mummy
    Draft Collar Yes
    Max User Height 6ft 6in (195cm)
    Shoulder / Hip / Foot Circumference [Reg] NA / 30 / NAin ( NA / 75 / NAcm)
    Stuff Size 6.8 x 14in (17 x 35cm)
    Stuff or Storage Sack Both
    Degree 21F (-6C)
    Weight 2lb 4oz (1010g)
    Recommended Use Backpacking, camping

Sale: $169.99

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

So tempting. If I didn't have a few 20 degree bags already. Wish they showed dimensions. Great deal for someone.

mark r
    Spectator

@markfrommd

I was just coming to ask about this bag. Their plan worked and I pulled the trigger because there were only 5 minutes left when I saw the deal.

I'm a little concerned that I might be too tall for the bag even though it says 6'6" max height, we'll see when it gets here and worst case sac has a 30 day no questions return policy if it doesn't work for me and nobody here wants it.

My first thought was that Rab makes good gear and it seems like a lot of bag for the money. I'm not sure what temps I will actually be able to use it in though, the rating is ~ 21 degrees. Any thoughts on an actual comfort range or possibly adding a thermolite reactor for colder weather?

Nicholas Miller
    BPL Member

@nmiller08

Locale: Montana

The previous alpine 400 was rated to 32 with a "max" comfort rating of 21 degrees. I don't know if that's the stat SAC is quoting. So much is subjective with temp ratings and actual comfort though.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

The Rab site doesn't mention the dimensions of the bag. It does state what Nicholas has mentioned….32F range.

Jason Lande

@jtlande

FWIW, in case the bag shows up again on SAC and folks are still wondering/interested…

I briefly owned a RAB Quantum 400 bag (an earlier model w/o the better endurance pertex) – it was really well made, super lightweight, all around a great bag.

(I decided to go with a WM Megalite instead b/c I wanted more room in the shoulders.)

/Jason

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

If it weighs 36 oz with a pertex shell, there's gotta be close to 20 oz of down in the bag, right? In that case, the 21 degree figure is probably EN rated and probably very accurate in terms of actual usability.

Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

Back on for another few minutes…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools