Topic

Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Troy Pratten
    BPL Member

@gogators

Locale: The Middle of Big 12-3+1 Country

My wife was exactly the person you are talking about in your review. Just getting into backpacking, using my brother's old old synthetic sleeping bag and external frame pack.

I was able to get her a Short size for $70 on sunnysports.com. Newer version with the olive dots on lime green. She loves it. Haven't been in any nights colder than about 40 degrees yet, but the loft looks pretty good and it compresses easily into the 10L stuffsack. Best part is that getting a down bag for $70 allowed me to more or less ignore price when it came to finding her a new pack and sleeping pad and still feel like I came out way ahead.

Highly recommended for anyone starting to acquire gear or looking for a bargain bag.

EDIT: FYI, specs say 2lb 3oz, scale says 2lb 5.3oz. Pretty darn good I say.

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools