Topic

Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus Backpack Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus Backpack Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

I really don't get this whole "I want stays" movement, and even recommending MLD to offer them optional. There's a reason these packs are called frameless. If you want a pack with frames, I reckon you will love the GG Gorilla (Will does) – or is it a Gorilla in DXG what you really fancy? A pack needs to be designed around stays, you can't just throw stays in there and expect that they work.

Also, by the look of it I'd recommend you pack the CCF pad in the Exodus as a burrito, that gives it a better structure and should transfer weight better than squeezing it together like in some of the photos above.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Hendrik is correct. Adding stays as an afterthought does little good. There are very few sub 2 pound packs on the market right now that use stays as an integrated part of the suspension system, and consequently carry heavier weights well.

Thomas Hood
    BPL Member

@attom

For those who have mld pad straps or added their own pad bungees …could you all post a pic?

Ceph Lotus
    BPL Member

@cephalotus

Locale: California

Looks like the MLD folks are listening to you. They released a new Exodus today with stays…or rather a suspension system that uses a Carbon Fiber/Delrin frame and a inflatable back panel.

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=185

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Looks awesome, but ~$300 (with belt pockets), is too steep for me. Still, seems like a great pack design with some ideas that will hopefully be incorporated into other packs.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools