Topic

Southern Sierra-Domelands

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Southern Sierra-Domelands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am planning a hike south of Kennedy Meadows into the Domeland Wilderness. To get across the Kern I will have to use bridge by the Kennedy Mdws store and walk south on the west side of the river. I would like to walk all the way along the river south to the Tibbets Creek trail that takes off from central Rockhouse Basin and walk west towards Big Meadow.

Question: can I stay on the on the west bank of the river all the way south to Rockhouse Basin at the Tibbets Trail jnct or will the buttes force me to cut up and over those ridges jutting right up to the river? I walked south into Rockhouse Basin last April but I wasn't paying attention to the possible westside passage possibility. In summary, I need to walk straight south along the westside of the river to mid Rockhouse Basin. Can I do this?

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

I'm not much help on your question but would love to see a trip report on this one. I've always wanted to hike across that area.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools