Topic

US Plastics order

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) US Plastics order

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

Here is my US Plastics order (and my favorite coffee mug).

Total cost including shipping: $9.88

US Plastics Order

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

Locale: The Grid, Brooklyn

perfect.

too cool for school.

exactly what I need.

I also get my tyvek clothes there. Super cheap and lasts a long time.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

Angelo, do you have planned uses for all those containers, or just stocking up in case you find a need? I'm curious in what folks use the larger 10ml and 20ml bottles for.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

I don't have a planned use for all of them. They were so cheap I just stocked up on them.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

they also sell plastic tubes (and caps) that make wonderful pack rod holders, you simply cut them to length

Photobucket

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Exciting stuff :)

I'll probably pick up a few of these also. I need to order a few other things anyway. Have any of you guys used the flip-cap bottles for dispensing thicker liquids like toothpaste or sunscreen?

BTW, the Tyvek clothes are awesome. I'm working on a UL Tyvek leisure suit complete with butterfly collar, otherwise I'd be all over these!

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

I use the small flip cap containers for hydropel, should work fine for sunscreen (although I've had good luck w/ the dropper style bottles for sunscreen and DEET)

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Mike, What do they call these plastic tubes? All I found was the thicker walled clear PVC, which is expensive.

OK I found it: (Tenite Butyrate tubing) So, what wall thickness did you get for the rod tubes 1/32" or 1/16" I'd guess 1/32" as 1/16" wall is pretty beefy?

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

1/32" is correct, you wouldn't want to run over your pack rod & case w/ a station wagon, but the stuff is seems to be plenty stout for trail use :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools