Topic

central and southern bpl ers checking interrest in some spring/summer trips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips central and southern bpl ers checking interrest in some spring/summer trips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Cody

@codycolor2

Locale: Los Padres NF

I wish I could go to this but I am going to be at the ADZPCTKO that weekend. Let me know if you plan on another one.

Rob Vandiver

@shortbus

Locale: So Cal

I've marked my calender and should be there (probably hike in Sat morning). I WILL NOT need a pass, I have an annual. It'll be good to meet everybody!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Good luck guys! That is a fantastic idea!!! Make it happen and tell the tale!

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Locale: SoCal

Thanks for organizing a trip for us socal BPL'rs. I already had that weekend set aside for some camping while my wife is out of town, so if there's room for another newbie I'm in.

kevin smith

@divr6347

andrew

no worries you are in i am going to post an official list later today

looks like it will be a good trip it will be cool to meet up with other central and so cal bpl ers for a hike

just don t camp within 150 feet of jack s tent you will not get any sleep !! lol

kevin

Craig Savage

@tremelo

Locale: San Jacinto Mountains

always been a little envious seeing how well the norcal guys organize these trips, great to see the other regions doing this.

I would love to go, but being a new dad makes my time management dicey. If I attend, no pass as I have an annual. Thanks for putting this together!

kevin smith

@divr6347

here is the list so far if you are on the list please pm me or post an (im in)

on this thread so i can update you to confirmed when you get a chance also if you are bringing a friend or friends just let me know so i can add a +1 to your name on the list im getting excited lets make this happen guys should be a great trip

kevin

jack elliott (confirmed)

andrew d (confirmed)

rob v (confirmed)

nicholas b (confirmed)

albert b

adan l

jerry b

ryan krause (confirmed)

kevin smith + 1 (confirmed)

possibles

craig s

the aerins (aaron b and erin ?? )

katharina p

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Hey Kevin,

I plan to attend. I'll be hiking in late in the afternoon on Saturday as I'm tied up Friday night/Saturday morning helping run support duty for an ultramarathon race in SB.

I've got my own annual pass so no worries on parking for me.

Cheers,

Nick

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

The Aerins are a "maybe." We'd like to go – more details as we figure it out!

Ryan Krause

@homer4555

Count me in fellas….Big Kevin, Taking the reins as the organizer of this event..lol. Everyone in attendance, please give Kevin S. a big round of applause!

ryan

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Anyone from up here into carpooling?

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I'll try and be there on one of the two nights, just not sure yet.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Kat I think my daughter may go, I'm still coaxing her along.

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

Locale: The Grid, Brooklyn

I can go backpacking that weekend but would need to carpool.

Kat, I live in Sacramento, maybe we could make it work?

Otherwise I'd love to go on an adventure in SoCal

kevin smith

@divr6347

i updated the list with all that have confirmed so far

if you have not confirmed yet please post an (im in) or just pm me and let me know so i can update you to confirmed once you know you can make it jack s pm s are not working so please do not pm him as he will not get it

trip is shaping up guys getting excited

kevin

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I am a maybe for this trip, depends on sharing a ride, really. Ben, maybe we can work out a carpool; let's see if anyone else wants in on it.

Adam Criswell

@macrophyllum

Locale: Northern California

A friend and I are interested, we would like to carpool and live near Sacramento (Davis). Only available for Sat and Sun, will that work for anyone?

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

I have work that weekend now. I can't go. Hope it goes well!

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

I've been out of the loop lately, good to see this thing is coming together.

Unfortunately thats the weekend before my family leaves for Portland for a week, so I dont think i can make it. Of course, thats what I said about the last BPL meetup and I managed to show up somehow. Hopefully something changes and I'll be able to make it.

albert barragan
    BPL Member

@comaone

Locale: PNW

This month is turning out to be a campoing extravaganza, Im backpacking this thursday – Sat (breaking in my nephew, his first real trip) then the week of the 17th I'm headed to central Oregon for a week, and the following week is the BPL trip? Damn!!! I want to make it out, just not sure, but I will try at least for a one nighter!!

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Ben you're not going to make it to the Lost Coast trip? Should be a nice one. I thought it was the same weekend, if not I might try to make that one also.

kevin smith

@divr6347

tuesday bump and a video of what the area looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E_CAJNKuXQ

kevin

kevin smith

@divr6347

oware tarp

since my son has decided not to attend this trip i get a chance to try out my new tarp not seam sealed yet but will be however i have had it in a pretty good storm
    with no leaks

anyone else going to be tarp camping this trip??

kevin

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Cool looking tarp! Very stealth.

I'll be either tarping it or cowboy camping. Good chance you might be camping on sand around Bear Canyon so plan accordingly for stakes or just plan on using sticks/rocks as deadman anchors.

If you don't bring a bivy, you might want at least a headnet, the mosquitoes/flies can be a bother around the creek sometimes in the spring.

Should be nice out there! Lots of water this year, warm daytime temps, mild evenings typically.

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

Jack it's a sticky situation. I have mandatory work the weekend of this trip (also the weekend that I have a lottery ticket to Coe backcountry) and a wedding this coming weekend. Making both would be ideal–but making none is the reality this early season for me. Go in my place please sir.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools