Topic

First MYOG Backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear First MYOG Backpack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dustin Snyder
    BPL Member

@dustintsnyder

Locale: Southeast

This is my first MYOG backpack. I used Tyvek because that was the only material I had. The backpack is patterned after the backpack in the Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight pack article. I made the pack larger than the pack in the article it’s about 2800 ci., and weights 7.25oz.First MYOG Backpack>First MYOG backpack

seth t

@diggity

oo

Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

The pack looks really good. I'm assuming that the collar is extendable,right? Do you think you can post some pictures of the pack with the top open and extended?

Dustin Snyder
    BPL Member

@dustintsnyder

Yes, the collar is extenable and I will post some pics later today.

Dustin Snyder
    BPL Member

@dustintsnyder

Here are the pics. For the closing I just roll it down and hold it with the top strap. I don’t ever plan on filling it up enough to need the extension collar but have it just incase.First MYOG backpackFirst MYOG backpack

Nate Lee
    BPL Member

@nathan52

Nice job with your pack. I would love an update after a few uses. I'm a bit skeptical about tyveks load carrying ability at the seams, but would love to hear otherwise.

Dustin Snyder
    BPL Member

@dustintsnyder

I might go back and add tyvek tape to the seams that are going to be under a lot of stress. But with a pack weight of less than four pounds I think it wll hold my load fairly well.

Erik Danielsen
    BPL Member

@er1kksen

Locale: The Western Door

That looks an awful lot like a Golite Ultra 20 (which I use as well) so I'm curious about what else you pack to keep it at around 4 lbs?

Jonathan Riley
    BPL Member

@jedeye459

Locale: South East

I love it! Like others have already said, a field report would be great.

Dustin Snyder
    BPL Member

@dustintsnyder

The quilt is a Golite 3-season(wish it was an Ultra 20). My big four( shelter,sleeping,packing and cooking) are a Gossamer Gear SpinShelter. A MYOG quilt and a thinlight 1/4" pad. The MYOG backpack. And a Beer can pot+a MYOG caldera cone+ and a tea light candle alcohol stove, or a MYOG esbit stove.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools