Topic

Finally Climashield Apex so its time for a hammock UQ. What weight

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Finally Climashield Apex so its time for a hammock UQ. What weight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

So I am going to finally build an UQ.

I have a golite ultra 20, so what weight UQ would I need to get me down to
    20dF.

I am thinking a layer of 5oz + a layer of 2.5oz for a combined 7.5 oz or would 5 oz alone be enough.

Are there any instructions on how to set up the ends, cords etc.

What size would be best. Thinking 48" to keep the bulk down but full length would be nice.

Thanks

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Troy, good luck with your DIY hammock under quilt.

I think I'd MUCH rather have Climahield in my garments than any version of Primaloft. I've had a Primaloft summer bag lose 3/4 of its loft in 2 years (actually a total of 2 months) of use in the '90s.

Now, after extensive testing, that the Marine Corps has chosen Climashield for their 3 season sleeping bag. I think many more people will see that Climashield does have the durability we wish all synthetic insulations had.

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I believe there is a step by step on hammockforums.com

it talks about layers of insulation and temps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools