Topic

2011 Gear Purchase Moratorium?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2011 Gear Purchase Moratorium?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

just use what you have if its decently light and functional … all the gear in the world wont make you any better a person … an ounce here or there is meaningless unless youve lost that big belly anyways

now replacing a 5 lb pack with a 2 lb one is a different story ….

buy for use, not to satisfy some hidden mental need in yr psyche …

the best gear purchases are the ones you use to have fun …

scri bbles
    BPL Member

@scribbles

Locale: Atlanta, GA

Agreed. Gear moratorium. Instead buying healthier foods. I'm working on decreasing my Skin-In weight.

kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Locale: Washington State

I go through spurts. I just had one last year and I updated many items. Between these "spurts" I often go years without updating anything that isn't broke.

Before I did my shopping trip last year I passed a guy on the trail who wanted to know how I liked my pack. I said I loved it but I couldn't remember the name of the company that made it nor the model (It is a ULA Catalyst). I also couldn't have told him the weight of most of the things in my pack. But…. during my shopping spree last year I itemized everything in my pack, researched the various options available and got all anal over it again.

Hopefully…. I'm good for another decade and I can forget the model & weight of everything in my pack again.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools