Topic

BPL Absaroka 50% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals BPL Absaroka 50% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Armstrong

@traderaaron

Locale: Colorado

Just ordered one at 50% off, I figure it's worth checking out at that price.

Maybe it will be 60% off tomorrow but for me it was getting cheap enough to try.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Last time with the Cocoon clothing they did not discount beyond 50%.

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

From the Absaroka description: "In 2011, Backpacking Light plans to launch an "ultralight" version of the Absaroka pack that will be lighter, have a lower load carrying capacity, and provide less comfort and load stability than this, the 2010 version."

I'm thinking the release of the 2011 model is close and they are blowing out the last od the 2010 models before hand.

Hopefully they will continue to keep on lower the price, and not cap it at 50% off. That would not seem to add up to the stated "10% off each day until they are gone."

Backpacking companies do some funny things with their sales though, like GoLite blowing out the old stock and accidently allowing the 40% off coupon to stack for a time. The GoLite sale is supposedly live again tomorrow. Looking like a good day for bargain shopping.

JAMES PALKERT
    Spectator

@jimp14

It was unclear to me – does the pack include belt & shoulder straps or do you have to order those seperately????

Robert Perkins
    Spectator

@rp3957

Locale: The Sierras

+1 on being unclear whether or not the hipbelts and shoulder straps are included. It's a little confusing on why they are listed as accessories. The accessories I would like are some attachment points to the shoulder straps to attach water bottle holders, camera holder ect.

Philip Delvoie
    BPL Member

@philipd

Locale: Ontario, Canada

James, Robert,

My understanding is that the pack ships with everything needed…in the size of the pack. So if you order a small pack…it comes with the small hipbelt and small shoulder straps. If you order a medium it comes with the medium belt and straps, etc.

So the accessories are there if you want to change things around…for instance you need a small hipbelt but want to order the medium pack.

Robert Perkins
    Spectator

@rp3957

Locale: The Sierras

Thanks Philip!

carlos fernandez rivas
    BPL Member

@pitagorin

Locale: Galicia -Spain

This is a comment from ryan jordan blog… about this pack

"""That said, I still consider this a "Version 1.0 pack ", but it certainly has the look and feel of something a little more mature.""

I can´t wait for a 2.1 version or an "ultralight version" ;-)

Scott S
    Spectator

@ih8mice

Did the sale cap out at 50% off? Seems like the sale price should be at $87.40 today if the discount continued increasing by 10% each day.

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

I doubt they'd go that low, even though they said they would continue.

If they're ready to have some integrity im ready to buy one today. :)

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Dug,

Someone else has mentioned that they've capped these "gambler's sales" at 50% off before. Where did they say they would continue? Either way, it seems that the sale prices are updated manually each day, and it has happened at random times on previous days. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Another thing is that the accessories besides the webbing hipbelt have not dropped in price each day. The webbing hipbelt is 50% off currently, but the others are just a few dollars off. Is this an oversight, or is the webbing belt the only one that is on the "gambler's sale"? Buying this pack, then spending almost $40 to switch out the straps (buying a medium or large and switching down to small hipbelt and should straps) makes this deal a non-deal for many I'd assume. It'd be much more attractive if the accessories were dropping in line with the hipbelt and the pack itself. I'd like to hear from someone from BPL about this.

Aaron Armstrong

@traderaaron

Locale: Colorado

Just went to 60% off.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Speak of the devil…

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

I apologize for the accessory pricing. Our e-commerce system is not set up to effectively adjust these sale prices. I will see if I can manually change all the product options to better provide these savings.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Update on the Accessory pricing. Once again I apologize for the mix-up but I was able to adjust pricing on this and all the accessories are now 60% off.

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Thanks Sam. Good call. I had also opened a ticket with the web support about this, assuming it was an error. I don't know how things work there at BPL in support, but you may want to close the ticket.

I'm tempted to buy to at least try the pack out, but I keep thinking that a new version of this pack will come out next week and don't want to be left with buyer's remorse. Also, I think the price will go lower. I guess I'll just pass on this for now.

This pack was not very popular in its day, was it? I haven't seen much mention of it, even on these forums, and have only read one review.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

To the best of my knowledge, any new version is still in the development stage.

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

Look at me about to eat crow! Lol. :)

And Pilate, on the ad page, it says each day they take 10% off. So each day = 10% unless…they go against the words of the ad. But, they didn't, so I'm impressed and glad!! :)

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

@Dug – I take it you bought one then? Let us know how you like it! Certainly tempting at that price! :)

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

Man, if shipping on this thing and a hip-belt weren't $20 to Alaska I'd be getting one of these today. I think I'll wait for tomorrow's discount to make up for the high-shipping cost. Hope they're still around!

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

^ probably won't be long for the smalls and larges :)

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Bah! If it drops again today, I'll have to get it. DAMN YOU, BPL!

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Same here. It looks like the large comes with medium straps though, its that right?

David Ure

@familyguy

Brett – no, from what I understand the Large would come with a large belt and a large harness. You could then swap out what is needed with the accessories.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

David,

On the Absaroka page, it shows that the Large Pack uses the Large belt, but has Medium shoulder straps…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools