Topic

Natrapel in Laos – Kammouan Province, Phou Hin Boun NCBA

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Natrapel in Laos – Kammouan Province, Phou Hin Boun NCBA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Cunningham

@cu29sjl

This is the second year I took my hammock into the national parks. I want to report a crucial piece of kit that failed me. Naptrapel (Picaradin based repellant). In the past I used DEET based product and experienced no issues with mosquitoes, flys and other pests. This trip I chose to use Natrapel this time and had to pull out after the first night costing travel time in and out of the region. I accumulated over 100 bites from dusk to dawn, complete product failure. I have my DEET now and am ready to travel again.

Aaron Cunningham and Sung Joo Lee
    Chicago

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

That's disappointing to hear that. I've had really good results in the Sierra here in California with Naturapel.

HJ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools