Topic

Hello all.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    R C

@leftishut

New here, just wanted to say hello.

To be honest, I never knew about this style of hiking. I have been preparing a non extreme go bag in prep for emergencies and was planning hike with some others kind of practice in case of emergencies. Trying to promote the idea to friends and figured we would have fun hiking with only what could fit in a small messenger bag. Having the tarp and bivy, clothes and so on. Very cool to see a whole group that does this.

I am trying to find a nice gear list based on the amateur useful and price efficient category, but not going to the super light (eg super expensive) category.

Is anyone here based in France? I am looking for gear that can be found in France to prep go bags for 3 day travel finding a reasonable balance of use/price. I plan to do lots of searching anyways, this is mostly a hello.

All the best.

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

Well, I can't help much with gear sources in France, but I didn't want your introduction to go unanswered. So here's a big Hello! back at you.

Ken

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I do not believe that there is a large crowd here from the European continent with the exception of the U.K.

There are some hill-walkers from the north country.

–B.G.–

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

A link to this site was posted a few days ago in another thread, perhaps it would help.

R C

@leftishut

cheers all for the welcome and thanks for the french site. born and raised in the states and find it really hard to find equipment here. dont get me wrong lots of top notch stuff but it all the normal small things that cost a small fortune here, for example blank dvds are about $2 each, up side is you get "free health care" if you pay for medical insurance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools