Topic

Cannister Stove Carrier/Cozy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cannister Stove Carrier/Cozy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

I got this idea from another poster at another forum several years ago. Sorry I can't give him credit because I don't recall his name.

I've used this bottomless gatoraid bottle for my MSR Pocket Rocket for several years now. It weighs 2 ounces. The carrying case that came with the stove weighs 1 ounce so the net weight of this thing is 1 ounce.

It allows me to leave my stove assembled while backpacking. Very convenient! I just pull the gatoraid bottle off the stove and am ready to cook. The bottle also provides good protection from rain, sirt and snow when the stove is not in use and sitting around camp. The bottle can be used as a water scoop too.

I like leaving the stove assembled while on a trip. It reduces the chance of cross threading during the trip.

The bottle fits tight enough so I can just push it onto the cannister and throw it into my pack. I've cut a couple of V shaped pieces out of the bottle's bottom sides so I can easily grasp the cannister and remove it from the bottle.

Stove Cozy

Stove Cozy

Stove Cozy

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Good idea Daryl! I also like the fact that it's multi purpose as a water scoop. I need a scoop when I use my gravity filter so I could see this as very handy. Also like how it protects the stove from rain.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools