Topic

First Ascent Base layer $10

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals First Ascent Base layer $10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

My wife was just in the Eddie Bauer (Redmond) store and they have all FA base layers at $10!
    I would assume that all the stores are blowing these out. If they don't have them marked down, you can tell them Redmond is selling them for $10 and they should match that price.

Online does not have this deal yet.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

every single weight?

I just bought some midweight ones last week in lynnwood for $15 each… I love them.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

Looks like I will be heading down there.

thanks for the heads up!

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

From what my wife said, it was light and mid weight. I don't think it was the expedition weight but I wasn't there. I told her to buy one of everything in all our sizes, we'll she what she comes home with?

BTW, I got the expedition weight hoody last week also, but I think I paid $20 for it and the bottoms were $15. These look like they are made with the same polertec that my Patagonia is. Not bad for the price.

Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

I just called the only E.B. within 100 miles and they've long since sold out of everything for men. Is there a kind soul interested in purchasing mid and expedition weight XL tops and L bottoms and shipping them to me? Happy to see if I either have gear you're interested in trading for or paying you some for your time/effort.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Curtis, you can call a store and have them look up on the computer were (what store) your item might be and then you can call that store (or have them call it) and you can pay for shipping to have it delivered to your home.

The store I bought the expedition hoody didn't have one in my size, so we looked up who did and I bought it and paid for shipping and now have it at my house. The $4.95 shipping was nothing compared to what I saved.

Call around, they will be very helpful.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

They had the bathang hoody for $10. Xxl only.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Matthew, sorry to hear most of the stuff was gone- my wife and another lady took sacks full of stuff home.
    But I think if you are going by the store, drop in, some of the stuff taken might be coming back. My wife said the other lady was just grabbing stuff to take home to see who it might fit. The only thing going back from us is a 1/4 zip mid weight in Blue, unless you want it.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

@Tad… what size midweight? I might be interested.

Just spent the last half hour on the phone trying to track down a bat hang hoody in Medium. No luck, but did manage to get a large. I also bought a medium expedition weight half zip. $25 including shipping… can't beat that. Thanks Tad for the phone tip.

If anyone bought a medium bat hang, and would rather have a large… let me know. I am fairly certain this won't fit right. If it doesn't fit I will be offering it up on gear swap.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Matthew, its a XL (I need a large)

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

thanks anyways… I need a SM or MED.

Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Wow. Called all over the US and may have found the very last expedition weight base layers in the country! Great suggestion, Tad. It worked a charm and I ended up buying for all the family. Can't beat the $10, unless you were able to add in today's 30% off coupon!

I was amazed at how helpful the store employees were. Especially for Boston where customer service is a lost art.

Jason Lee

@jasonthelee

Just wanted to reiterate that if your local EB is out of stock then have them check around the country. Just got back from the Portland, OR (Pioneer Place) location where they were out of stock. I was able to get a baselayer from Milwaukee, WI for $10 plus the shipping was waived! My girlfriend got one from Illinois and since they didn't waive the shipping the EB employee reimbursed her $4.95 in cash. I thought that was a pretty rare experience and wanted to share.

Craig Kowalski

@killerkowalski

Thank you to everyone here I just got two shirts (crew and quarter zip) and pants all of them FA midweight baselayer for $36 shipped to my house from Michigan Ave Chicago location. FYI they have over 20 shirts still available and unknown number of pants still left.

John Martin
    BPL Member

@snapyjohn

Locale: Pacific NW

I got them for $7 during the sale but they got me for a pair of mountain guide pants for a $100. I am not sure who won that battle.
    Darn you incredible deals.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

gotta love these EB sales … good gear at great prices …

not to mention the most hassle free warranty in the business along with REI

Ismail Faruqi

@ismailfaruqi

I'm looking for Bat hang hoodie in small size, anyone knows where I can get it?

Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Didn't think that there were any left but on a whim I searched and found there are a few stores that have them.
    Call your local Eddie Bauer First Ascent store and they can search nationwide. Stock is really slim, but they are there. The San Francisco store has a bunch of Women's small: 415-343-0146.

Ismail Faruqi

@ismailfaruqi

Curtis, thanks for info. I'm looking for men's small though. I'm based in Japan, would be very thankful if someone could help me :(

Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

I too was looking for Men's Small, and there were only three stores in the US who had them, and I think I may have gotten the last one. If you call any store they could help you find them anywhere in the US.

Try this one: Illinois: 309-691-2601.

Ismail Faruqi

@ismailfaruqi

No luck in Illinois :(

update: tried also to check nationwide availability. S,M, and L apparently are sold out everywhere. Ended up getting an R1 Hoody…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools