Topic

OR Chaos & PHD Ultra Pullover Combo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) OR Chaos & PHD Ultra Pullover Combo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi folks,

I am thinking of pairing up an Outdoor Research Chaos Jacket with a PHD ULtra Pullover (stitch though construction and roughly 3.5 oz of down) and a Down Balclave and was wondering what temperature the combo would be good for, I would have adequate leg and footwear.

Cheers,

Stephen

Sieto van der Heide

@sieto

Locale: The Netherlands

Totally unscientific I would rate the Chaos jacket at 15 degrees f, the Ultra pullover would add about 10 f, so the combo should be good to about 5 degrees, but take a little margin into account.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Combo

Thermo-neutral temp for the average male doing camp chores (avg 1.75 MET) and sheltered from the wind.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi SietoRichard.

Thanks very much for the infortmation, to be honest I didn't think the combo would go that low, so its an added bonus.

Thanks again,

Stephen

Vig S

@vinuneuro

Sorry for bumping an old thread. Richard, how does a lclo value translate to a usable temperature?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools