Topic

Trekking Pole adapters, extenders , linkers (seekoutside.com)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Trekking Pole adapters, extenders , linkers (seekoutside.com)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

We have CF adapters / linkers / extenders $12.50 / 20 grams

More information

http://seekoutside.com/products/accessories/

Thanks
    Kevin

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

How does that thing work?

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Stick the pole in the end, it will add height to you current pole up to about 60 – 61" (assuming 140 cm trekking pole) . If you want to use both poles for a taller shelter, put the end of each pole in it using it as the center. A little duct tape creates a more solid fit (couple wraps). It's a good idea to have some duct tape somewhere anyway right ?

Kevin

drowning in spam

@leaftye

What do you stick the pole into? It just looks like a bit of tubing put over the tip. I might have an idea of what this product is, but if I'm right, this picture is taken from the wrong angle.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

It just looks like a bit of tubing put over the tip

That's all it looks like to me as well.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

That is it, ID is close to fitting most trekking poles.

Light and inexpensive. You can use it to extend the size of the pole, or use with a trekking pole in each end to get extended heights.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Wait, so is this so you can flip around the bottom pole? Basically a shim? Like this:

Top of part trekking pole 1 <- bottom part of trekking pole 1 -> top part of second trekking pole

If that's not correct and it actually allows the trekking pole tips of two poles to be connected, I'm still not seeing how that happens….male to male doesn't work.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

It's tubing so the small ends get inserted. It also is a bit longer 9.5 " so it can add about 6" to a standard trekking pole, which means a standard trekking pole should work for hex 3 and other smaller mid style shelters.
    Double connector

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Ah, that picture is a lot better. I get it now.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Kevin

Gear Deals is the right place for your posting and you are welcome here, but would you please be a shade more explicit in declaring your link to seekoutside. You can do this either at the foot of each posting or in your name/locale.

We have to be fairly hard-line about this rule for historical reasons, but it should not be an inconvenience I think?

Cheers
    Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Thanks Roger, sorry I was unaware. I had it as my web site. So it should be as my locale now. I did not see a way to change the name.

Thanks
    Kevin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools