Topic

Small Wonders of Latin America – Global Test Photo Essay

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Small Wonders of Latin America – Global Test Photo Essay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Bradley Danyluk
    BPL Member

@dasbin

Lovely macros!
    I'm curious as to the photo gear used for these.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"Other Button" click on the photos.

Scroll down to Properties.

Oh, and just for fun, click on Map Link.

Edit: I have been reminded that I have a FireFox Add-On that allows viewing the EXIF data. So, this probably won't work for you unless you have a similar "option".

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Wow! These are beautiful! I especially love the hermit crab and whatever insect that is sitting on rock. National Geographic should be calling you.

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

I love how in the description of a Latin American photo essay the word "petite" is used haha.

Bradley Danyluk
    BPL Member

@dasbin

Sorry to be a bother but… the right-click->properties thing only shows the image size, no other info, on both IE and Firefox (the Firefox equivilant is "View Image Info") on PC.
    Unless I'm doing something wrong?

JJ Mathes

@jmathes

Locale: Southeast US

Beautiful, thank you for sharing

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Bradley,
    My apologies.
    I forgot I've got the FxIF Add-On.

(FYI – Panasonic TS1, usually at 28mm.)

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

Really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna try to start taking a few photos on the trail this year. This was inspiring.

Christopher Holly

@climber72

Locale: At my desk

So the pics are superb, thanks a million for sharing! That caterpillar is weird!!!

And I just sent the FxIF add-on info to a photog friend with whom I will be doing the JMT with this summer – he will be psyched as heck about this!!

Bradley Danyluk
    BPL Member

@dasbin

Wow. I'm really impressed by that tiny folded lens. I'm guessing it's stronger in macros than other use, but still, I thought this was SLR stuff for sure.

Composition and lighting are great.

Kristin Tennessen
    BPL Member

@ktenness

Locale: Bay Area

The critter in the photo taken at Foz do Iguaçu is an assassin bug (Hemiptera/Heteroptera: Reduviidae) in the genus Arilus. Learn more here.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Really excelent shots! WOW! And Thanks!

John L Collins
    BPL Member

@wvcubdad

Locale: Not too far off the Tuscarora Trail

Thanks for posting that link about the assassin bug Kristin. As I looked at the page, I thought Wow that looks really familiar and when I read Hillary's request I couldn't stop chuckling. How nice to have a world-wide support system that gives you quick answers!!!

Thank you both for the fantastic photos of really cool small stuff!

John

James Schipper
    BPL Member

@monospot

The assassin bug is also commonly called a Kissing bug. One thing I didn't see mentioned on the link is that they can be a vector for Chagas disease, one of the most widespread and devastating infectious diseases in Central and South America.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Kristin and Danny, absolutely beautiful photos and most interesting subjects. Which make/model camera/lens were you shooting with, and did you use a tripod?

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Locale: SF Bay Area

You might laugh, or cry. But the camera I used is the Panasonic TS1. It's Panasonic's first waterproof/crushproof/dustproof camera that I bought in June 2009. My tripod is the Joby Gorillapod. And the only additional equipment I have is a second battery.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools