Topic

GoLite at the Clymb

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLite at the Clymb

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jedd Cheshier

@jeddcheshier

Locale: Midatlantic

If you aren't already signed up, here is a link

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JeddCheshier

Lots of outerwear and baselayers.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

Medium Jam for $60! I wish the Peak was availble though. The Shangri-La 1 & 2 are available for $75 & 85 respectively. Can anyone chime in if they're worth it at those prices?

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

I'm looking at getting either the Women's Jam or Lite-Speed for my wife. Anyone have a suggestion for either one?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Based on what I've read from many other BPL users, and from fitting my girlfriend, it seems that frameless packs are not the best for women, and comfort diminishes rather quickly even though the packweight may still be considered light. You could attribute this to the fact that men have stronger shoulders than women, but a lot of this is going to depend on personal build and other characteristics of the female of course. That said, my girlfriend tried on both a jam and a litespeed and we went for the litespeed.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

quick, anyone know how golite shirts run size wise?

Luke Moffat
    BPL Member

@alaska_lanche

Great deal. Picked up the Pinnacle for my wife at only $50 compared to teh $175 listed on the GoLite website its hard to beat. :D

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

IMO Baselayers run slim, even in the waist. Have a weird larger neck hole though

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Man, I *hate* big neck holes. Serious pet peeve- thanks for the heads up! :D

So much is already sold out… Went quick.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

"I'm looking at getting either the Women's Jam or Lite-Speed for my wife. Anyone have a suggestion for either one?"

If you end up looking at the lite-speed make sure you are aware of the pack size. The older models like the one shown on the clymb site is a 39 litre pack where as the newest editions of the women's lite-speed are 28 litre . . .

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

Great find. Thanks for the link. It looks like there WERE some good deals to be had.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Bought a Shangri la 1…

Matthew Zion

@mzion

Locale: Boulder, CO

Glad that the jams were sold out by the time I got the email this afternoon from clymb. At $50 I would of just bought it bc of how awesome the price was…

Josh Turner

@renruthsoj

Locale: Georgia Foothills

Just got a facebook update saying there are more Shangri-la 2s, of which they were sold out earlier. Hope this helps someone.
    $84.98 is tough to beat. https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JoshTurner (if you're not a member yet)

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

I already ordered, but did just find a $0.99 shipping code (get99ship).

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I've purchased from the Clymb once in the past, my experience with their shipping process was slow, took a little over 2 weeks to arrive, this wasn't an issue for me, but might be something to consider if anyone is looking for any sort of expediency on their behalf or 'needs' an item by a particular date- look elsewhere if that's the case.

FWIW, the code for 40% off a single item at Golite.com is still valid until sometime in March.

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

I picked up an Iris women's Pinnacle for $50 earlier today. I would have loved to get her the Jam, but it didn't come in purple, which is what she wanted.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

Golite clothing tends to run what they call a "athletic" cut with most base layers, shirts and some jackets. I am usually a XL and I get XXL, and that seems to be the conclusion with all sizes.

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

Picked up 2 pair of "Timber Lite" shoes for my thru hike. Stoked. Thanks for the heads up.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools