Topic

Abbrasion resistance of 1.26 and 1.43 Cuben – for pack pockets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Abbrasion resistance of 1.26 and 1.43 Cuben – for pack pockets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

I was looking to make a few universal pack pockets (Shoulder or waist) and at first I was looking at Dyneema X, but with there only being one supplier color options are a bit limited. Then I looked at zpacks and saw for a similar price per yard they have the 2 cuben weights listed above. At a quarter of the weight it seems like a nice option, but I am unsure what type of beating they would take. Does anyone have any experience with those 2 weights? Thanks

Jordan Clymer

@jordanclymer

Locale: The Columbia Gorge

Both should provide good puncture resistance, and a very high resistance to tearing/warping. Are you expecting them to endure a lot of abuse?

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I like the size of those hipbelt pockets. They may be the biggest, and about the right size for a full quart size freezer bag.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools