Topic

Shelter for east Texas from Febuary to June?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Shelter for east Texas from Febuary to June?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    james w glenn
    Spectator

@bark-eater

I'll Be in East Texas the early part of the year, and was wondering what kind of shelter or shelters I should have on hand for weekend jaunts. I've been through the Lymes wringer so short of actual wet hypothermia, that's my biggest concern. Any Local knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

james w glenn
    Spectator

@bark-eater

Well, by chance Ebay provided a mesh insert to go with the Walrus Trekker tarp I won last month. I guess I'll find out how this works in the jungle. I'd still appreciate some in sight to the local conditions. thanks, Woody

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

Shelter for East Texas in late May and June would be an air-conditioned house — it's typically quite hot and humid by then. I don't even think about camping here much later than mid April.

This February has been unusually cold and wet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools