Topic

moutainlaurel designs taking a break

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) moutainlaurel designs taking a break

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

On a quick trip to Ron’s website I found he’s taking a break to regroup.
    I thought about sending him an email to wish him luck and watch out in twelve weeks when we all show up at once but I think I’ll just do it here instead.

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Ditto,
    Ron does a great job. I frequently plagerize his designs. As they say, immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Ron made a post a few months ago here on BPL in which he was pleased to see that someone had made the first Prophet copy (maybe that was you, Vick, I can’t remember).

I’m sure he got where he did trying out all sorts of different designs, including some he may have pilfered. He has certainly come into his own. It’s exciting to think what the future may bring.

I opted not to purchase a Grace Tarp at the end of this summer because of the wait time but I’m kind of kicking myself because now I know I have to wait even longer.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I kept waiting and waiting for his order volume and lead times to go down, so I wouldn’t have to wait as long to get my stuff after I paid. Wrong move, I guess–he’s just too popular these days! I am glad that he decided to retreat and come back stronger next year, instead of stringing his already-paid customers along. That makes me even more confident in buying from him next year. It looks like such a good product line.

-Mark

Ron D
    BPL Member

@dillonr

Locale: Colorado

I recently received one of the new Devotion 40 bags. I never realized he was a one man part-time operation. The number of orders he had must have taken the fun out it so I’m glad he is stepping back and getting some help. This is the first piece of gear I’ve purchased from MLD and I’m pretty impressed with the bag.
    Ron

joseph daluz

@jfdiberian

Locale: Columbia River Gorge

I’ve been waiting for the poncho-tarp that was reviewed here at BPL, the one with the hood sewn into the ridgeline, anyway I think I ordered it the first part of August… Can’t wait to get it. So is someone going to help him out now?

Michael Demchak

@mikey

Locale: new england

ya, i kept waiting and waiting for his backorders to be filled before i orderd, thought i’d let him get caught up, but i geuss popularity comes at a price! well instead of waiting, i think im just going to make my own stuff with his stuff as an inspiration. allready working on a grace poncho tarp… that hood of his will be tough to copy though…
    mike!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

According to the MLD Web site the company will take a 12 week hiatus during which Ron will hire and train some employees and also consider a name change for the company (something that will actually fit on a hang tag as he puts it).

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

Good luck, Ron. I am delighted with my MLD Pro Poncho. Everything I’ve seen and heard about other products has been very positive. I hope the transition goes well for you and your business.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools