Topic

TSS Down Mitts Remixed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals TSS Down Mitts Remixed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

I wasn't happy with the first design, so I decided to re-do them. The main issue I wanted to address was fingertip coldness due to the seam running around the end of the mitts. So I ended up making these with a continuous chamber running from the palm, over to the top panel. The thumb chambers are separated and overstuffed.

I also added more down, ~2" calculated loft. Shock cord adjustable closure as suggested, reinforced dyneema gridstop tube for the drawcord. Longer overall, much warmer. Weight on these is now 1.6oz per pair in Medium, which is an increase, but a warranted one IMHO.

dmitts1
    dmitts2
    dmitt3
    dmitt4
    dmitt5

The blue pair in the pics is ready to ship for $65.

After they're gone, I'll only be making these if you send me a good bottle of Anejo Tequila (or an exceptional Repo/Blanco), or some other cool trade. Sorry, I'm the boss, I get to make the rules. ;)

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I'm continually amazed at the talent amoungst this group. Those gloves look great. I wish I was in the market for a pair.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Thanks John, just let me know when you are brother, and I'll get you sorted. ;)

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

The blue ones are sold. Anybody else wanting some, you'll have to bribe me with booze! =D

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i will take the green ones behind the blue and black ones on the 2nd picture. $65 right?

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Josh, not sure what you're seeing that I'm not man, but the blue and black are the only ones in the picture. I've got them set on a quilt in the 2nd pic though, so maybe that's it?

Anyway, if you want me to make you a pair in blue, black, or gray I can, and I'll make you a pair for $65 if you're ready to order, but I was serious about the tequila thing. ;)

I do have some olive green fabric, but it's 1.1oz fabric vs 0.9oz. I've also got some camo that's just a tiny bit heavier than the olive 1.1.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

:( you missed it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools