Topic

Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach – August 2010

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach – August 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Yang

@kjyang

This is a short 16-17 mile beach hike in the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I did it as a warm up a few days before I started West Coast Trail (report coming soon). Since this hike is only a few miles from the WCT, the scenery is very similar.

Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach Hike

Edit: Updated link.

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

Kevin, most excellent write up! I just moved to the olympic peninsula a couple weeks ago near lake cushman on the east side of the peninsula. I have been hiking around here a bit, but winter weather here seems like a sure fire recipe for hypothermia. Can't wait to do this hike in a couple months.

Jay

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Great trip reports Kevin, I really enjoyed some of your other entries.

Your report stirred some memories of mine living in Port Angeles, I spent a few very chilly summers in Lake Crescent paddling, swimming, and exploring. It's the most beautiful country up there when the sun breaks through the clouds.

Kevin Yang

@kjyang

Thanks for the feedback. The whole area is really just beautiful. I wish I had more time during that trip to enjoy it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools