Topic

Nuggets of Backpacking Wisdom

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Nuggets of Backpacking Wisdom

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

I dig discovering new "Tips and Tricks" that I can apply to hiking and make it easier, funner, safer, etc. I'll start if off with this little trick that was passed to me by my friend Casey and has helped me sleep more comfortably ever since. Thanks Casey!

When choosing a sleeping spot, find a natural little dip for your hips. This even helps my shoulders because now instead of all my weight resting on my shoulders and hips, it is spread evenly across my torso. Seems to help me whether sleeping on my back or my side and whether I'm on a mattress or on my usual 1/4 inch foam. You can even make this little hip-dip if your on sand, snow or a designated camp site. (fill it back in when you leave)

Edit: this thread is for sharing tips please, not arguing about them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools