Topic

Finally got the kit to 100% and weighed.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Finally got the kit to 100% and weighed.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Zion

@mzion

Locale: Boulder, CO

I've had most of this stuff weighed and thrown together into a list without totals. Got motivated to finish off this list which includes a some new pieces I'm hoping to put some miles on the AT in March and the CT this summer. I made it a Generic List so I know it's missing electronics like phone, camera, chargers. Phones getting updated this month and I haven't owned a camera in years, still undecided on purchasing one. Also didn't include stuff like maps, data, guidebooks or duct tape (don't have any to roll up and weigh).

List is on my profile btw.

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

Nice list. I've been wondering what you were carrying for a while now.

The only thing I really see where you could trim some weight without spending significant money for gear that performs the same is to cut the redundancy in th beanie and the sham wow. You can get by with just the balaclava and bandanna. But it really doesn't matter at this weight unless you're just going for bragging rights.

What kind of rain pants are those?

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

Your list looks good!

Camera: Canon SD120is Digital Elph is 4.2oz., and can be found used for cheap. I got mine for $60 lightly used. 10.0 mp. Also, snaps approx 250 photos w/viewfinder on. Turn it off & save power & it gets 700. I love that!

Matthew Zion

@mzion

Locale: Boulder, CO

@Larry
    I certainly agree with reducing redundancies. Recently have been on a few trips where I was glad that I had both the beanie and balaclava. And I find the shamwow so convenient and awesome for sponging up condensation or drying off after a stream bath. My rain pants are Gtex North Face and certainly something I would replace (or at this point take a seam ripper to it) to shave some (g)'s but currently these meet all my needs for stuff down to the 20s.

@Dug
    I had thought about trying to use a smartphone to consolidate things on the electronics side. But I think some people were talking about their lack on the zoom/quality side just the other day. Too many times recently I've wished I had one with me so thank you for the recommendation. I think I could stand for a 5oz camera and be able to document trips.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools