Topic

iPhone Gear List App

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) iPhone Gear List App

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

+6 for an adroid version. After all, it does have greater market share than IOS. :)

Scott McCain
    BPL Member

@highlander366

Locale: Idaho

So I purchased the iPhone app today to play with on my iTouch. Any one else having problems getting the Trips to total added items??

I think it's a good app, and I would buy the Android version as well for my Incredible if one were made. So does that make +6 for Android????

Ideas for updates:

1. Ability to use Cottage Gear Manufacturers in a drop down when adding new items.

2. Ability to edit items once they have been added.

James DeMonaco
    BPL Member

@jdemonaco

Locale: PNW

You can already edit the items after you've added them, you just have to be in the main list, not on a trip list.

As for the problems you describe with the totals in the trip lists, mine seems to total fine.

First Last
    BPL Member

@snusmumriken

Locale: SF Bay Area

This is a great little app – thanks for developing it.

A few ideas for improvements:

When editing and item (correcting the weight for example) the change shows on the master list, but not in the trip lists. Not sure if this was intentional but it would probably make sense if any change to the master list propagated to the trip lists.

You could name the master list "gear closet".

The ability to re-order items in the list would be great, right now they show in the order they were added.

Could you do sub categories? Some might find it useful to be able to add subcategories such as navigation, raingear, first-aid, etc to make the lists more readable.

Sometimes I bring more then one of something such as: days of food, liters of water, pairs of socks, tent stakes. Maybe add number of items and have it default to one.

John Brown
    Spectator

@johnbrown2005

Locale: Portland, OR

awesome, gonna check it out now.

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

Thanks for the recent update on your app, Nick!

I hope things are going well with the new addition to the family.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools