Topic

Extended Nighthaven Beak or Vestible

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Extended Nighthaven Beak or Vestible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Neal

@michaelneal

nighthaven

I have an idea that I am not sure exactly how the best implement. I like the Outdoor Research Nighthaven but have a concern over condensation. So I want to add a removable vestible or beak over the entrance as well as bug netting. the idea is to be able to open the door fully during rain for better venting.

I am toying with the idea of using the plastic from an orange tube tent to match the colors, and it is cheap.

tube tent

Any idea to make this work?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

This may or may not be a concern but I bought a tube tent just for kicks and it is made of a very weak material similar to a heavy-guage garbage bag. They are emergency shelters not designed to withstand any kind of abuse. Putting any kind of time and energy into sewing it onto an expensive tent would probably be a waste of time. Rather, I would suggest seeking out lightweight yet sturdy fabrics designed to stand the test of time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools