Topic

Any BPLer’s completed Te Araroa

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Any BPLer’s completed Te Araroa

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

Hi Guys,
    In October/ November I am planning to do the Te Araroa Track in NZ (3000 km from top to bottom of NZ) and was wondering if anyone on here has done it yet? Would love some hints and tips.

http://www.teararoa.org.nz/index.cfm

Cheers,
    Jeremy.

Edit: typo

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

siiick!

Have fun on it. I know of two guys that are planning on doing it this year (actually, both of them are thinking of writing guide books for it). If you need some info, PM me, and I can pass you along to them. I think that they know some stuff about it.

Cheers,
    Jack

Lisa Frugoli
    BPL Member

@alfresco

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I met Yeti on the PCT this past summer. He had just completed it. Judging by his conversation, he would be a great resource.

[email protected]

Lisa

Matthew Zion

@mzion

Locale: Boulder, CO

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=332915

Friend of a friend, CanaDoug, hiked it this year. Another resource if you need it.

Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

Thanks guys, this stuff is great!!

Also Jack: I really enjoyed your PCT vs CDT article, just the kind of inspiration I need for a hike like this.

Cheers,
    Jeremy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools