Topic

$50 eVENT jacket from Teva

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) $50 eVENT jacket from Teva

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

Just ordered one from bargainoutfitters.com. A bit on the heavy side (20 0z.) but outrageously cheap for eVENT and has pit zips. Apparently this is a model that Teva stopped making two years ago. Coupon code gets you $5 off shipping costs.

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/cb/cb.asp?a=236016

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Sorry, forgot to say what the coupon code was. It’s BF988.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I received my $50 eVENT parka shell today. After close inspection I am happy to report that this is a fully featured shell that is optimized for high exertion activities such as backpacking.

It has waterproof pit zips that run from the arm to the bottom hem (the largest I have ever seen). It has internal snaps so the front of the jacket can be left unzipped for ventilation and still blocks the wind / rain. The pockets are covered by waterproof zippers and when open the mesh backings provide additional venting.

My size large weighs 21 oz. This compares to 25 oz for my Lowe Alpine eVENT shell and 32 oz for my MH Gore-Tex shell.

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Is that the Teva® Elements Trail Jacket? It’s priced at $69.97. I can’t find one priced at $50. The one you are referring to might be gone? I assume you are both talking about the same jacket?

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

That is the jacket I ordered from them on 9/27. It was delivered today. My total price was $52.96 including the shipment to CA.

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Sorry Richard, I wasn’t calling into question what you paid. I was just looking for the name of the “$50” jacket. It was unclear if we were all referring to the same jacket. My post was poorly worded.

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

I can understand your confusion about the price. I too was unable to find the $50 price when I navigated the bargainoutfitters website. The $50 dollar price was an e-mail special offer that I accessed from the URL I posted at the opening of the thread. If it turns out you can’t get their through that address, you should try checking out the hyperlink at backpacker.com’s gear forum (that’s where I initially found this deal). Hope this clears things up some.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

At 21 ounces it is heavier than my PU nylon and lighter than my 3 layer goretex ECWS. I have been searching for an economical eVENT jacket I could evaluate, so thank you very much for the tip, Doug.

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

ahhh… follow the link you so helpfully provided and all my questions are answered. Sorry, not one of my better moments. You were very kind to understand my confusion.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Ordered it today. $57.96 total delivered to Florida. No coupon code needed!

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Went to the Dolly Sods over the weekend and had a chance to test my new eVENT jacket. It rained all saturday with temps in the 40’s and the jacket kept me bone-dry, no leaks, no clamminess (and i sweat more than your average pig in Alabama in july.) The stitching on the seams doesn’t “look” great, but everything else is top notch.

Brian Strong

@bmstrong

I picked one of these up as well. Roadtesting it on a crappy Ohio day. So far so good. An abolute steal for the price…

Kevin Camden
    Spectator

@kcamdenesq

I’m interested in this jacket but am wondering about sizing…true to size, small?

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

True to size.

Kevin Camden
    Spectator

@kcamdenesq

Thanks. Just to round this out, what size are you normally?

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Large

David Corbin

@wildyorkie

Locale: New York

Here is a link http://tinyurl.com/zjllx to an extensive discussion about the Teva TA04 Elements Trail eVENT jacket at the backpacker.com gear forum.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I just received my Teva Event jacket last night. My initial observations are
    1. True to size, I’m a large.
    2. Hood will accomodate any helmet.
    3. Absolutely loaded with features/adjustability/pockets/pit-zips.
    4. Definitely not UL, 20 oz.
    5. Venting options include full length pit-zips and two-way waterproof zipper.
    6. Fits comfortably, allows free movement.
    7. Small complaint, you can feel the extra volume of material necessary for the pit-zips under the arms.

As to waterproofness, it’s not raining and my wife is at home so I can’t put it on and go stand in the shower. She just wouldn’t understand. So, I’ll report back on that one later. :-)

Kevin Camden
    Spectator

@kcamdenesq

Just got mine last night, xl. Didn’t do anything other than try it on, as I am usually XXL and was worried about fit. I’ve got a barrel chest and thought it fit well enough. I won’t be wearing a heavy fleece underneath, but good enough fit to wear with a LS shirt or light sweater.

Great deal for $50 and they ship very fast.

Thanks to all who contributed on this, I found all the posts helpful.

joseph daluz

@jfdiberian

Locale: Columbia River Gorge

pit zips are the longest i’ve ever seen! I’m normally a L, and this was true to size, and plenty large enough (not form fitting by any stretch of the imagination) to layer under.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools