Topic

ITW NEXUS Quad Buckle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear ITW NEXUS Quad Buckle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Locale: New England

I am looking to purchase some ITW Nexus Airloc SR Quad buckles. I have had no luck obtaining samples. I just need a few for MYOG Packs. Does anyone know where I might find some of these buckles?
    Fred Maxfield

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Plenty of MYOG shops. OWFINC, Seattle, Rockywoods, and keep Googling.

Cheers

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Thanks Roger,
    I have tried numerous MYOG shops for this type of buckle. The only place I have found is Fastening Systems but I would need to buy a min of a 1000 buckles.
    Fred

Nancy Charlier
    BPL Member

@ncharlier

Locale: Midwest

Try supplycaptain.com. Most of their ITW stuff is in military colors (tan, olive green, etc) but they have a lot of stuff.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

They have the one without the air holes at:

http://store.ryansproducts.com/5e3itwnecosi.html

Have bought cheaper knock-offs with the airholes at Ragged Mountain Equipment in Intervale NH, but they are not listed on their website.

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Nancy and Samuel,
    Thanks for the info. I will check all.of those sites. I believe that there was a pack tested on BPL that used Quad Buckles on its hip belt. The belt belt had four straps two on each one on the top the other on the bottom. Do either of you remember this pack?
    Fred

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Sorry, no. I make my own packs to have suspended mesh over the entire back, so don't pay much attention to the commercial offerings.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

I tried to get some when Itw nexus was giving out samples but no luck. The only pack I have seen these used on were by Ultimate directions torso pack for the waist belt. It did what the Mc Hale backpacks dual buckle waist belt does.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Fredrick,
    I stopped by local REI in Encinitas,ca. and was looking at the buckles and plastic hardware section and they had 3 sets of hitex quad buckles for $1.50 a piece. Same as the ITW nexus ones for one inch webbing.
    If you call the the Encinitas REI phone (760) 944-9020 they will ship them to you, I did this for a pair of Lowa renegades lo tops at the San Jose store that sold for $28.83 on clearance. Rei customer service gave the names of the stores and I called them till I found them.
    I did not find the hitex quad buckle on the Rei web site.

Also with my rant about REI in another thread, like I said I have love hate relationship with them but when you have a REI less than one mile from your house it has become way to easy for gear junkie like me to stop by and see what they have on clearance. They have a bunch of kids comet back packs for you guys that have children who backpack in the clearance bin. Antifreeze puke green Gregory Z30 women's packs in the clearance bin also for the women in your life.

Hope this helps you out,
    Terry

sandy boyd
    Spectator

@sandylwes

Locale: eastern washington

Samuel- would love to see pics of your pack with the suspended back panel….Im just now getting a sewing machine lined up to start my own projects and a ventilated back panel backpack is high on the list! Id love to see pics!!!!!
    sandy

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Thanks Terry,
    I called REI today and bought all they had. I should get them next week.
    Fred

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Fred ,

I am glad I could help I also notice Rei is stocking ITW nexus hardware now and using it on their packs.
    Instead of the cheap poorly designed stuff from china that breaks so easily.
    Terry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools