Topic

Getting Started…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Getting Started…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Corey Downing
    BPL Member

@hardcorey

Locale: Denver

So, I've been investigating ultralight shelter options for myself. Not a fan of the tarp+bug bivy combo. Considering a tarp tent (rainbow or contrail).

BUT….

I received a Grand Trunk Nano UL hammock for Christmas. I've never tried sleeping in a hammock before. I don't even have the rope/straps to hang it yet.

So, I need some recommendations. I need something to hang with, some bug protection, and some rain/wind protection. I'm looking to use this as a 3-season system. I would be using my new GoLite 20 degree down quilt. Don't have a CCF pad for underneath.

Can I get some suggestions on items to use? I'm even willing to MYOG if that's where it's at. I guess my one stipulation is that the system combined (hammock, rope/straps, bug net, tarp) should weigh under 2lbs and cost in the $200 range for the pieces I'm missing. If I need a CCF pad or underquilt I'd prefer it weigh less than 1lb and not cost more than $100.

If you think my stipulations are crazy, please let me know. I know very little about hammocking.

Thanks in advance for any advice, ideas, suggestions, and patience provided :)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

check out this thread at Hammock Forums for some inspiration

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20614

-Tim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools