Topic

40 Below

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking 40 Below

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I saw a post on here about 40 below, and as I have a size 15 foot, I was having a hard time finding gaiters. I went to their website and ordered light energy overboot. I just got it in, and so far I think its great. it fits fine over both my new balance full hiking boot, and my merrill trail runners.

My plan is to layer up on socks in my trial runners and use the over boot and leave the heavy boots at home. i am going to practice this weekend and see but its so darn warm here I doubt I get a good comparison.

The overboots are extremely well made, and from what I see sized well based off his website size chart….who would have thought I could find some to fit a 15.

I received several emails from the owner asking me questions and coordinating shipping with me. I felt well taken care of.

Ed Tyanich
    BPL Member

@runsmtns

Forty Below has great products and Joel provides superior customer service.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

That's my experience aswell – great company. The 40 below overboots come with me on every winter trip I take. I actually don't even own winter boots anymore. Same trail runners I wear in the summer are the ones I wear in the winter. Awesome product.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I bought some LE overboots last year and finally have been able to take them out recently. I've had them out 5 days so far and they are fantastic. I'm using them for snowshoeing and weight wise it feels like nothing on my feet. I didn;t check the temp when we started on the trail on Sunday morning but it was -10F at 6 AM so it was still pretty cold. My feet were very comfortable. I'm very happy with them and Joel is great to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools