Topic

Tent Modifications?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tent Modifications?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ducky M

@ducky

Hello everyone, this is my fist post on here.
    I have an oportunity to get a OR Nighthaven for really cheap.
    What I was wondering was how it it setup with the walls that it has that go down to the ground.
    My idea was to lengthen these walls about 6-10" wich would give me more headroom and would keep the tent roop from touching my bag. I figure that it would be relativly easy seeings how it is a floorless tent/tarp shelter thing.
    Dose anyone have one of these tents or know if something like this would be possibul.

Thanks,
    The Duck

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Just pitch it with a taller pole and a 8 inch gap at the bottom all the way around.

You might get some rain splash inside in heavy rain, but you'll get less condensation.

If you're worried about bugs, sew in an insect net strip all the way around.

I've added silnylon strips at the bottom before – pretty easy to do. Ends up looking a bit messy though.

I'de recommend not sewing because you might get addicted to MYOG stuff : )

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools