Topic

Finished Reflectix Cozys

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Finished Reflectix Cozys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Johnny Gish
    Spectator

@jtgish

Locale: Colorado

I bought one roll of reflectix, one roll of aluminum foil tape, and one roll of velcro and this is what turned out.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was able to make 25 cozys that will house a quart size bag. The materials cost 25 dollars so it cost me 1 dollar each to make instead of 12 dollars from antigravitygear.
    All I did was cut, fold, and tape.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Nice. Wanna sell one? Email me at jhaura *__at__* gmail *__dot__* com.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Excellent work! Can you post a weight?

Johnny Gish
    Spectator

@jtgish

Locale: Colorado

weight is 1.1-1.2oz, some weighed in at 1.1 and others at 1.2.

Richard Stein

@buckaroobanzai

Looks like a nice way to add a little extra insulation for your feet on a cold night, especially if it could open up without causing problems with the tape.

Buckaroo

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

Jhaura: You can find this stuff in the insulation area of any building supply store… and all you have to do is cut it out with some scissors and then fold and tape. Also get some self adhesive velco if you want for sealing the flap.

One thing I noticed about these though is that they are like a pocket… which you load from the top. I like the anti-gravity design of the frezzer bag cozy being like wings that open up and fold over the bag. That’s what I use (they threw it in for free with a big order I made). I think the top-loading pocket might be slightly more cumbersome (just slightly) to load.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

You know, with a little trial and error,(maybe a lot of error), one could try some imaginative folding techniques to create gussets in the taped bottom and the one taped side. Any origami experts out there with free time?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools